Public Cloud Application Acceleration
How Does It Work?VMhosts acts as a stepping stone between the office 365/Live Drive/Dropbox servers in the cloud and the client, accelerating and de-duping the traffic. Every client will have a small piece of software installed on their workstations. The client identifies any traffic directed at selected cloud services. Our acceleration service routes the traffic through our high speed low latency network. All routed traffic is compressed, de-duplicated and encrypted. If the worst happens and your workstation client can no longer talk to the virtual appliance, traffic will continue to flow down the normal route and just not be accelerated. We can accelerate most traffic that is TCP based, we have specific optimisations in place for the following protocols:
- HTTP and HTTPS
- CIFS (the Windows file transfer protocol)
- MAPI and MAPI over HTTPS
- Backup protocols used by DoubleTake and Dell EqualLogic
Can we help?If you can answer yes to any of the following questions then you could benefit from using one of our cloud acceleration services:
- Worried about application response for a planned cloud application migration?
- Users complaining that the company’s applications are too slow to use remotely?
- Users having trouble accessing the corporate web and other collaboration sites?
- Users having difficulty in uploading or downloading documents, drawing, designs, databases, software updates etc?
- Users complaining that at certain times of the day they have reduced connectivity because something else e.g. email, is clogging up the connection?
- Unacceptably high bandwidth costs and buying more bandwidth doesn’t solve the issue?
Supported connectivityWe support any form of internet connectivity including:
- Leased Lines
- Satellite Broadband
Even if you’re using another protocol not listed above, VMhosts can still apply the technique of de-duplication which eliminates the sending of blocks of data which have already traversed the connection in either direction. This means documents or sites that are visited repeatedly, or are exchanged (even after modification), back-ups and other transfers which work with similar data on each operation, will all result in far less data being sent over the network.
The final technique we use is compression – and for many types of data this can reduce data volumes by 50% or more.
More about how our service works
There are connection and data types which we do not optimize, or accelerate to a lesser degree. These include:
Are there any limitations?
- UDP – Accelerator does not optimize UDP traffic types such as VOIP
- RDP – Accelerator does not intercept and accelerate the screen drawing component of RDP traffic such as Citrix, but it can help greatly with associated file transfers and print jobs.
- Video and Audio – most video and audio formats are already highly compressed and hence our compression engine may only decrease file sizes by a small additional amount. We do de-duplicate though, so if the same media is passing back and forth we’ll provide great offload.
How Much Does it Cost?Firstly we charge no setup fees!!! You buy how many client licenses you think you will need initially which can easily be decreased / increased per month. Public Cloud Application Acceleration Public Cloud Applications are defined as applications accessible via internet facing URL’s. These applications must be accessible directly via the internet without any VPN connectivity.
CLIENT LICENSES COST £4 Exc. VAT (Each)